2-3 cups cabbage, julienned
2 green chilli, slited
2-3 tablespoon ghee
1/2 tsp. asafoetida
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. red chilli powder (optional)
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 tsp. grated ginger
1 tsp. cumin powder
Salt, as per taste
Handful of chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Heat ghee in a deep base pan.
2. Add asafoetida, cumin seeds to the pan and fry till the seeds crackle. Add ginger and fry.
3. Add cabbage, green chilli, and turmeric, salt and give everything a good mix. Close the lid and let it cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
4. When the cabbage turns semi-soft, add cumin-coriander powder and red chilli powder (if needed) and fry everything together on high flame till the sabzi gets dry and crunchy.
5. Transfer it to a bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.
The non-dieters may also enjoy this dish with any curry they like. Happy cooking!